Well hello there and happy new year!
I'm really not the best at keeping resolutions, so I don't make them too often. This year, I do have a few.
1. I started a new initiative for myself called "Eat Clean 13." My resolution is to make healthier choices when it comes to my diet. No, I'm not going on a "diet." This is a lifestyle change.
2. Thanks to the word on the street (and Natalie's recommendation), I'm going to pick up this book and read it. Not just the first half. The whole thing.
3. Get more sleep. I usually don't close my eyes until midnight, often later. This has to stop!
4. Worry less. Make mistakes and not care.
5. Learn how to use my DSLR! This is big. I don't know what half of the buttons do, and no matter how many blog tutorials I read, I need to have hands on interaction with a professional to really grasp the idea.
We spent our New Year's weekend in Blowing Rock, NC with a group of friends. It was COLD, but we did get snow on Friday night and all day on Saturday. We ventured to Sugar Mountain for some skiing on Sunday. I was so worried that my body wouldn't remember how to ski, but thankfully it did! I ventured to the tip top of the mountain with Brandon a few times and made it down with no falls, and most importantly...no broken bones.
The rest of the weekend was spent eating and relaxing!
We went to a small restaurant/bar called Twigs on NYE. They had a fun band and the Clemson game on (We won our bowl game against LSU -yeah!!).
The Deputy Sheriff, who was off duty, let his girlfriend drive his truck and she ran into a frozen pond. Brandon had to take a picture in front of the disaster, naturally. A firetruck, multiple 4x4 pickup trucks with chains, a few cops, and a HUGE crowd later...they got the truck out.